Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The 40-Day Health Dare: Days 3 & 4

I'm starting to gain some traction with my 40-Day Health Dare!

Day 3:

Breakfast:

Blueberry Smoothie

Ingredients:

2 cups of organic milk
handful of frozen blueberries
1 banana
heaping tablespoon of chia seeds
heaping tablespoon of ground flaxseed
tablespoon of coconut oil.

Blended well and consumed with a smile. : )

Whole food multivitamin
Vitamin A and D supplement

Lunch:

Total fail: chips and salsa (not too bad)
BROWNIES! (Oh, no!)
an orange (nice recovery)

Dinner:

Grilled chicken
Zucchini and onions
Baked potato

Exercise: None. :(



Day 4:

Breakfast:

Green Energy Juice

Juiced 5 leaves of dinosaur kale
4 stalks of celery
2 handfuls of spinach
4 medium-sized carrots
1 apple

Blended with an avocado, banana, tablespoon of bee pollen, tablespoon of ground flaxseed, and a half cup of water. Stirred in chia seeds to finish it off. Super green and delicious.

Lunch:

Leftovers from previous dinner: grilled chicken with zucchini
Lots of flavored water (filtered water with sliced grapefruit, blueberries, cherries, and chia seeds)

Pre-workout snack:

handful of pretzels
homemade flavored water

Chocolate-PB Smoothie

Ingredients:

2 cups of organic milk
2 tbsp. of carob powder
1 banana
2 teaspoons of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of peanut butter

Blended in the blender and guzzled with gusto!

Exercise:

My husband and I are doing the Couch-to-5k program, and I'm on Day 1 of Week Two, so I:

Walked briskly on the treadmill for 5 minutes
(then, for 6 intervals)
Ran 90 seconds
Walked briskly 2 minutes
Rinse and repeat.

10 minutes of strength training with free weights and gym equipment to work upper body, biceps, triceps, deltoids and pecs.

Dinner:

Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

dinosaur kale
green lettuce
hard-boiled eggs
grilled chicken
carrot slivers
tomatoes
avocados
bleu cheese dressing



Anytime I included chia seeds in my juice or water, I felt a wonderful surge of energy. It was actually the flavored water with chia seeds that fueled my drive to exercise this evening! So far I am meeting most of my specific habit goals, only I need to up the exercise time considerably. 

1 comment:

  1. You might qualify for a new solar program.
    Click here to discover if you qualify now!

    ReplyDelete