Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sports and Games Update

While we have been doing sports-related activities, I feel like now is a great time for delight-led learning. Now that we have completed our set "curriculum" for the year, we need the freedom to pursue anything that interests us day-by-day. Recently, Aidyn has been telling wild versions of the story, The Three Little Pigs, so I checked out more "alternative" versions of the tale to share with him. He loved The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by A. Wolf!

I feel like letting go of the planned curriculum for awhile and following Aidyn's delights possibly until next year. The unit themes for 2010 cover such a wide variety of topics that I may not specifically plan week by week, month by month, what we will be doing. In contrast, I may mindfully bring in those subjects if they fit with what happens in our world. These are my current thoughts and I may revisit them, but for now, I believe this is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment